For individuals suffering from Lymphedema, InFocus Rehabilitation Centre provides treatment to manage pain, edema and decreased mobility caused by this condition. Kathleen Rossini, RPT has advanced training in Manual Lymphatic Drainage, which few other thearpists in the GTA provides. She is also certified to provide CDT and is a certified Vodder-trained Lymphedema Therapist with advanced training in assessing and treating clients with Lymphedema.
Lymphedema is caused by the accumulation of lymphatic fluid in the tissues of the body. This is a chronic, progressive condition. It may cause pain, decreased mobility and increased risk to certain infections. There is no cure but with proper treatment symptoms can be managed.
Who is at risk?
- People who have had mastectomy or prostate surgery with removal of lymph nodes.
- People who have had radiation treatment to breast, armpit or groin.
- Those with wound complications.
- Prolonged immobilization.
What is the treatment?
Complex Decongestive Therapy (CDT) includes:
- Manual Lymph Drainage (MLD)
- Compression Therapy (bandaging)
- Skin Care
Kathleen Rossini, RPT is certified to provide CDT. She is also a certified Vodder-trained Lymphedema Therapist. She has advanced training in assessing and treating clients with lymphedema.